Bluetooth v4.0 with the hallmark feature low energy technology entered the market in 2011. Bluetooth low energy technology is especially well suited for sensors, actuators and other small devices that requires extremely low power consumption.
- High numbers of communication nodes with limited latency requirements.
- Very low power consumption.
- Robustness equal to Classic Bluetooth technology.
- Good real-time features (if a small number of nodes are connected).
- Very short wake-up / connection time.
Bluetooth Low Energy and Dual-Mode (Classic + Low Energy) products.
For complete product information, evaluation and design tools see the relevant Novacomm products page